Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

i have a friend whose selling her prescription narcotics. do i turn her in to her doctor? adult content

Answer Question

Asked by witchmomone at 7:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

Level 5 (83 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Friend, no.


    Answer by Gailll at 7:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • If you were to turn her into anyone, it would be the police, not her doctor. However, if it were me, I'd probably stay out of it, depending on the circumstances.

    Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • No, if it's so bothersome I'd probably just cut off contact with her

    Answer by skittles1108 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • Yes, i would report it to her Dr.

    Answer by BlacksheepSati at 8:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • Yes. What if she gave it to kids.. Like teenagers..

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • Doctors may not do much because of HIPAA. You probably won't be able to call her doctor and tell him/her that your friend is selling her narcotics because they cannot by law talk about her medical or prescription history. If you are really concerned, you can notify the police or talk to her about it.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 8:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • If it was me- NO, i would not turn my Friend in; if you know about her selling her medicine then she must of had alot of Trust in you- maybe, you should just have a talk with her & tell her if she continues to do this that you do not want her discussing anything about it with you-

    Answer by daisyb at 11:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • I would talk to her about it and tell her you dont approve ask her if there i ssomething you can do to help and if she continues to do so you're just not going to be able to be her friend and if you were going to tell someone you would tell the police and i guess i would notify police depending on who she was selling to and maybe thats a crappy attitiude to have but if she is selling to dead beat adults she knows fine whatever they want to ruin their lives thats their business but if she's running up to the high school and selling to kids the i'd have to tell police. It's really a sticky sitiuation because even if you do notify them there is a good chance they wont get enough evidence to do anything and then you could potentially be in danger for "narking"

    Answer by katiekruschke at 12:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • That is a friend i would not have, If you are really concerned, you can notify the police or talk to her about it.

    Answer by MTM at 10:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health

Next question overall (Relationships)
mother refusing paternity testing