How soon is too soon???

I have an 8 month old. How soon is too soon to get pregnant? Can I be pregnant and nurse at the same time? Is this too hard on your body?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• They recommend waiting one year for your body to heal. Yes, you can get pregnant while breastfeeding, not sure what the odds are but it is possible.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 5:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• When ever YOU are ready and what ever is BEST for you is recommended. :) Good luck
    And yes you can get pregnant when breastfeeding. Just take prenatals and take good care of yourself.
    Anonymous

• if you had normal birth you should wait at least one year...
    if you had a c-section you should wait 1-3 years...

it all is because of your body... it needs to heal and recover, especially your uterus needs time to get back in shape and ready for a new pregnancy.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I always heard a year. Just to give your body a rest. But I would talk to your doctor and if they think you are ready, you think you are ready, go for it.
    Anonymous

• Please, please check out the site Empathic Parenting and read about closely-spaced children. Before the age of four, your child's love for you is intense and total(your love for your spouse pales in comparison)so just imagine how much hurt you cause if you withdraw from him/her and turn your love toward a new arrival! I didn't know about this before I was pregnant the 2nd time. My first two were born18 months apart. I had learned a lot in the Waldorf movement, and I had my husband's support for the challenge I faced to NOT break my toddler's heart when the new one arrived. Of course I did not completely succeed, and I'm choking up as I type when I think of my sweet oldest one's periods of sadness and feeling lost. Please, please learn about this and devote yourself to loving your child. You can do it ! It needs only a couple of years to give him wholeness for the rest of his life!!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I got preg with this baby (i'm now 30 wks ) when my ds was about 8 months and we were and are still bfing!! In the begining I was ALWAYS hungrey and lost about 15 lbs.. (IT'S BACK!!!) This pregnancy has been more tiring than my other 2. Idk if it is because of the fact that I am bfing and preg or because I have two other children to take care of??
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My son was 5 months old when I got pregnant and I nursed until my belly and my son were too big and it was painful...

My boys are 14 months apart and I know people with kids just 9 months apart... so yeah, it's fine...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:24 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have heard that you should wait any where from 3-6 years for your bosy to heal from a pregnancy. Depending on your personal condition can determine how long you should wait. I asked my dr how long I should wait to try again and she told me I was good to go once I'd had 2 or 3 periods. I was pregnant with my daughter when my son was only 7 months old.
    You can bf when you are pregnant.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Im 22 weeks pregnant and i have a 11 month old, you probley should just talk to your doc. cause every one is differant. some people might need mre tiMe to heal then others.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I got pregnant when my son was 5 months old. My doc wasn't too happy, but I'm fine with it. We planned it. Just depends on if you feel you are ready I think.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 7:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2008