my siser in law stole my laptop. do i continue to hold it against her or do i just let it go? adult content

witchmomone

Asked by witchmomone at 8:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Well if you don't want to press criminal charges, then let it go.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• How long ago? Do you know for sure it was her? Holding a grudge takes a lot of our energy. But I really hate thieves! Why cant you just get it back from her? I think I would be very guarded, but civil whenever you have to be around her. But dont let it eat you up inside. She's not worth it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would probably press criminal charges and I'm a grudge holder for things like that. I can't stand liars, cheaters and thieves.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 8:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my sister stole alot more from me and i dont allow her in my home anymore. I get along with her but i know never to trust her. which is sad!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i agree with the previous posters. you press charges, get it back, what ever... you should not be expected to forgive until ammends are made on her end
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 8:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my sister stole thousands of dollars worth of jewlery from me...and personally I would rather forgive and forget, and have my sister in my life then any material object
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If it were my brother's wife, I'd mention it to my brother and have him deal w/ his wife. If it is my husband's brother's wife, I'd first talk to my brother in law & if he didn't do anything about it, then I'd have my husband go kick both their a"s" to get it back... thats just me tho lol I can't stand when people steal my stuff. This of course would be after I asked for it back politely. Laptops are expensive and hold personal info on them...I wouldn't just let her take it. I wouldn't hold an absolute grudge over it tho either, that can get exhausting! (much like my response so I'll stop now lol)
    No_Difference

Answer by No_Difference at 8:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Ask for it back or call the cops!! Why should her being your hubbys sister stop you from reporting her??? Would you let your neighbors rob your house and not report it because they are your neighbors??? NO!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Just let it go, but when she is at your house lock all of your valuables up and watch her like a hawk...she has already made it obvious that you can't trust her.
    PiscesMommy021

Answer by PiscesMommy021 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• WOW- that is Horrible- it's hard to let it go when there is No Way you will be able to Trust her again & everytime you see her that will be the first thing you think about- i'm honestly not sure how i would handle it-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010