The Last time You Volunteered PTA????

OK,,, So Just wondering how many people here really take time out and donate towards ur kids school... PTA... Cause where I live it seems hard work to get any help from the parents.... I'm a PTA Member....

Cynt1020

Asked by Cynt1020 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't volunteer for PTA presay I just volunteer to help out with PTA activities like the run walk or the ice cream social we just did that last week juts a variety of things that come up school carnival
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I just don't have the time- I'm a single working mom, but if I had the time I would!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• PTA is not the be all and end all of volunteering for your school. I know many people including myself that volunteer for specific booster organizations such as athletic or band.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yea, I am a PTO member and it is really hard to find volunteers. We just started a FB page and are inviting all parents to join the page so they can see when we really need help!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Im a booster volunteer and it keeps me super busy. Im the secretary for the excutive council. We actually have a meeting at 7pm tonight,,,lol,,and yes Im a single mom!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Our school is very small,We don't have a PTA or PTO or even a Booster Club.. I have tried to get the school to let me start one , but there is not enough parents interested... Which is so sad
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 8:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I donate items to the PTO all the time. I have donated time, but I don't enjoy it. The women are snots and they don't stick to the time frame they committed you too. You sign up for 2 hours and end up being there 6 hours. Not cool. They actually pushed me away. I was planning on being more involved.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wasn't on the PTA but I volunteered in both kids' classes weekly last year as well as at several other events.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Last yr we haven't had the 1st meeting yet.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2010