Sex

I've heard that some christians only believe in doing it in the missionary position and no toys allowed...just wondering if anyone here knows about this and why is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• sounds pretty boring to me :-/
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Anything else is considered perverse in some people's eyes, as the only reason for sex is children. However, I know I am catholic and according to my church the only thing they say is not good is ejaculating outside of the vagina. (And no birth control). In their eyes, as long as you are open to having children with your husband and the end result of sex leaves you with that posibility, you can get there whatever way you see fit.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 5:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• That's really funny to me. I am Christian and I will take it any way I can get it. Upside down, in the butt, plastic or real. But I do have Christian friends that don't believe in oral sex, sex toys, etc. Most of them are Born Again Christians. Not saying all Born Agains are like that but the ones I know are.
    Anonymous

• It is a certain sect of Christianity. I can't recall which it is though. It has to do with sex is only for procreation not enjoyment.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 5:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• YOU are WAY off the map...oh, and no toys needed with hubby.....We have an amazing time.

Anonymous

• We're Christian, and honestly feel that as long as it's between me and my husband anything goes. With the exception of porn or bringing other people into the bedroom or fantasizing about other people. Don't get me wrong, we do watch porn together from time to time, but we both believe it's not the "right" thing to do in the eyes of God...
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 5:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It is the Mormons that insist on missionary only...no perversions allowed. You are given the talk about it after you take your marriage vows in the Temple.
    I'm sure there are a couple of other religions that practice it too. I just know this from personal experience.
    Anonymous

• Keep in mind that God created sex, he's a good God! He fully intended it to be enjoyed between married couples. I have never read in the Bible a rule list of how to have sex. Pretty sure God didn't make a to do and not to do list for married couples. Me and my husband do some fin things but anything that feels perverted to us is not done because we are feeling that way for a reason, so we listen.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i have never heard of that in my church. sex is only talked in the matter of being chaste and married when you have sex. i only do missionary when i want him to do all the work and don't really feel like having any. we get pretty nasty at times too. i guess when we get to heaven we'll find out then. not sure if the poster that said mormon do that is true or not cause i haven't gone through the temple yet.

melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• As long as you do it with your hubby and only your hubby, no fantasizing about someone else, then I see nothing wrong with toys. I do see a problem with sodomy though, that is clearly wrong in the bible.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008