what can i not bring on the plane...for me and my dd(2 years old)

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My mom said she got a manicure set, lotion and perfume confiscated. I think if you have stuff like that it has to be in a 3 ox bottle or smaller. And nothing sharp, even like nail clippers. I would try googling the airline you are using, see if they have specifics.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You can't have any liquids in a size larger than 3oz. and these all must fit in a quart-size ziplock bag. The only exception to this is anyting you purchase at the airport after you go through security. You can bring toys provided they aren't anything that resemebles a weapon (swords, etc.), but dolls, stuffed animals, crayons, etc. are perfectly acceptable.
    newmommy0409

Answer by newmommy0409 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Go to the Airlines website and they will have all the info on what you can and cannot take on the plane, including things you may need for a child.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• When I flew with my 7 month old and my 2 year old, I had a bottle with water in it, my medicine bag with ibuprofen, tylenol, mylicon, baby orajel, etc... Most baby medicines are small enough, they were 4 ounce bottles but they let the whole thing through. And water, for they bottle, they just had to test it. You have to be careful about checking with the airlines, better to check they airport, getting through security is the problem. Once you get through there they don't care what you have!! They won't let you through security with any nail clippers or anything like that. Also any snacks or toys, color books. They dollar store is a good place to get cheap toys you can throw away after, but they are new and fun on the airplane!
    nvywfemomof2

Answer by nvywfemomof2 at 2:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ok. You can't have lotions etc more than 3 oz BUT you can essentially have as much milk/liquid as you want. I've traveled with my son 8x and this has always been the policy. I always added some things for myserlf cause they wouldn't know. They've also been cool with any size tyleno, diaper creme etc. Just be really organized, have everything in baggies and go through the family security check line.
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 7:25 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• call the airline you'll be flying....nothing can be over 3 oz per, umm nothing opened..ie, you can have snacks (at least with american for babies) as long as they are still sealed and so on. umm, i couldn't bring a bottle of warm water wit me when we traveled, i had to pour it out and use could water for formula...just call the airline, and they'll be able to tell you for sure what you can/cant' have. good luck!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2010