WOULD YOU VACCINATE IF....

If you discovered your child at age 2 or 3 had autism... would you vaccinate any further. Or would you become hesitant with your next child/children?

harris4

Asked by harris4 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• hesitant
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• they just came out with yet another study to further support the fact that vaccinations do not cause autism and there is no link, so to me there would be no correlation between that diagnosis and vaccinating my children against deadly and debilitating illnesses.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would. The disease that we vaccinate against are far worse then Autism. I wouldn't want my child to suffer and be hospitalized because I failed to prevent it. Yes those disease are rare but with more and more people not vaccinating you are starting to see it come up. The town I live in just had an outbreak out mumps.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would still continue to delay and selectively vaccinate my son. IMO I don't think there is a correlation between vaccines and autism and there are life threatening disease that are worse to face IMO than autism.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 11:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had my children and vaccinated them knowing full well they would probably have autism. Correlation does not equal causation. Plus Europe proved that autism is caused by malformations on the 15th or 16th chromosome depending upon the severity.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Nope. Not at all.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• nope! but im not vaccinating at all because of that reason and many others. but that is just me personally! i think vac's are ways for doc and gov to make money and all the sickness the shots are for will not kill ur child unless u dont treat them for it! and once they do have the sickness they are 100% immune to it after they have it. just because they have the vaccine doesnt mean they will not get the sickness. so what's the point of the shot?
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Mommy of two338... thank you for your answer. However unless you are personally affected by autism you probably can't say that disease are way worse. also does everyone know who is funding these studies on correlation between vacc and autism..The government would never allow admittion of fault because of reprecussion it would envoke. A study you do not hear about is that they changed the ingrediants in indoor paints in 1980's because of high levels of lead...... but the level in vaccines is still 1/3 greater than was in that paint.
    harris4

Comment by harris4 (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I do not vaccinate, & autism has nothing to do with my decision
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would continue to vaccinate. I have seen enough studies about how the newer vaccines dont include what was being attributed to the rise in autism. JMO
    klockhart

Answer by klockhart at 9:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010