New Mommy question

I will probably start my daughter in pre-school when she is four. My question is do most Elementary schools have a preschool or no. I am completely out of date on all of the school stuff and want to know in advance that way when it comes time to give her a head start im prepared.

bradymoma86

Asked by bradymoma86 at 9:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it depends on the state. in nj pre-school is mandatory and it's assigned just like regular school. in md apparently pre-school is only offered to those who are very low income or if you want to do daycare (aka private pre-school). it's not mandatory in md. just call the board of education (the number is in the phone book) and ask.... they'll let you know everything.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Actually very few elementary schools have preschools but I'm sure you can find one. I have to drive 10-15 minutes to get to the school where my daughter will go to preschool at.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• The federal gov't supports a preschool program in many schools. This is put in place especially where many of the children come to kindergarten unprepared.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010