Pregnancy and shaving.................... adult content

I'm 35 weeks and stopped shaving down there completely at about 20 weeks. I'm going to start getting internals on Friday so I decided to shave again, however, I did it blindly. I know I did a terrible job and I'm just so big I can't do anything about it. I'm so embarrassed to go to the doctor now. Anyone else have this issue? Do you think it's even something to worry about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eeehhhh, I wouldnt worry about it...they dont stare down there...and I promise you...those Dr's have seen it all!!! :LOL

But you could get a fog proof mirror and try to trim up if it would make you feel better.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm sure they've seen it all! I had my husband do mine for me when I got so big I couldn't see.

Answer by missanc at 9:14 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'm sure they've seen worse! lol
    Do you mean an internal sono? Have you ever had one? They don't even see your business down there....mine never did at least!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If your doctor cares, then s/he's a douchebag that should get kicked in the face. It is not something to worry about at all. My husband shaved my pelvic region and legs from about 30 weeks on because I couldn't do it myself.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 9:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• One thing I've learned about pregnancy, you lose all your modesty, lol. I wouldn't stress your self over it, by the time your done with the whole process that small fact will be the least of your worries, you'll look back on this and laugh at urself. :)
    SionedOfSyr

Answer by SionedOfSyr at 9:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I had my husband trim me with the clippers. Embarrassing, yes - but oh well.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• hahaha this is so funny bc i did this yesterday and i have strawberry birthmarks on my who ha and i cut one bc i couldnt see it bleed so much and there was still hair sorry tmi and i had to have like a surprise exam today and i had no choice but to expose my partially shaved vaina to the dr! and then she was like umm you have strawberries(she used the medical term) and if you bleed dont freak out its just that and i told her what happened and she said she could tell which one had broke.....so they dont care, and mine was bad i wouldnt worry about it they know you cant reach lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it. I always think of the things my doctor has seen that I'm sure was way worse. I never stopped shaving, but I know I wasn't doing a very good job towards the end since I was shaving blindly. If you're very embarassed about it, use a mirror to fix it up. :)
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I know you are freaking out about it but don't worry about it, the doctors don't care, and if you have to get a c-section they'll shave you anyway so its not a big deal, the mirror idea is a good suggestion too
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I'd like to say don't worry about it, but I went through it last year and I worried about it! I actually considered having my husband take care of it for me, but I was more worried about him doing it than doing it myself. Honestly, I got to the point where I was just happy with it being good enough. If more hairs were gone than not, it was all good. :)

Good luck mama and congratulations on your baby almost being fully cooked! :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 10:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010