Evening meal

I work 7to 5 everyday then have to come home and fix dinner everynight any Ideas. My husband does not like me to leave the crockpot on while am away. I just get tired of the same meal everyday.

nanny29

Asked by nanny29 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would do a cooking day every other week and freeze the meals- Take them out the night before and place in the refrigerator. Bake once you get home. Personally, I do the crock meals quite often- put on a timer to cook on high for a shorter time, if the all day thing is a concern.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• don't tell your husband its on.. and thats what the crockpot is made for,,
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 9:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Could you take a crock pot to work and plug it in there?
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think the "freeze-ahead-meal" idea is a good one! Also....I use the Crock pot all the time! They are made to "leave unattended"! Spaghetti only takes about 1/2 hour, HomeMade Pot Pie is really easy, Grilled cheese and soup, Breakfast for dinner, Fried chicken (you can buy it already made and just heat it up and serve it with some quick instant mashed potatoes and corn), Tacos are easy and fun, cheeseburgers only take about 20 minutes and my hubby likes those with potato chips, ....that's a few....if you want some of my recipes just message me....Good Luck!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 9:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• lol. Tell him to get over it or start cooking dinner himself.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010