How long did you have to live with your spouse during the divorce process?

There are 4 children involved and a house and he served me in January, and we still live together.

klockhart

Asked by klockhart at 9:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I went to see a lawyer in the beginning of November. I found an apartment November 11. I moved out December 1. That was the day he found out.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wish i didnt own this house, it would have been alot shorter time living with him, but also on the other side of the coin, with out the house he may have been more likely to move out with the kids...so I guess I dont really know which i wish. Thanks for answering.
    klockhart

Comment by klockhart (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I would never live with someone during the divorce. You own the house, how can he move out with the kids? Kick him out. Sell the house. Rent it. Whatever to not be living together.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:37 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I wish it was that simple....He and I and My parents all own this house. Yeah I know he cant/wont leave with all the girls, but it is my biggest fear.
    klockhart

Comment by klockhart (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Have you filed for custody and/or divorce. I know when I filed, we had to follow a basic arrangement until things were settled.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes we are currently working thru the process, but 9mos later he hasnt been ordered to move out, and no custody arrangements have been written out. We agreed btween the 2 of us to do everyother weekend while we both live here, but a few things have happened and the schedule is getting screwed with, so we are going to court on Thursday to see if anything can be resolved.
    klockhart

Comment by klockhart (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• In the state where I live you have to be seperated for a year, and that includes living apart before a divorce is finalized.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010