SHOULD YOUR 11-13 B ON BC

so girls 1100 girls btween the ages 11-13 get depo an bc pills every yr in the US alone..
how do u feel bout that?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I wouldnt personally do it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If they are having sex, or fooling around, YES.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• well i know some 13 yr olds that are having sex and on the other hand if they have very heavy periods it helps regulate them
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• never! unless she had medical reasons to need it like messed up periods or other problems one bc i think they are so young and those hormones would be too much for them to handle plus who knows the effects it has on a young reproductive system, and the morals behind that geeesh i hope when my girll is 11-13 she isnt thinking about sex and is trying to better herself and having fun w friends thats too too little when i was 11 i was playing barbies, just sad.....
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Better than them getting knocked up.

In all seriousness, though, there is more than one reason for a girl that age to be on birth control. Some girls have really bad acne that birth control helps with. Some have unpredictable or otherwise bad periods that birth control can help to regulate. Sex isn't the only reason to get birth control. I took birth control long before I was sexually active to clear up my face and to also regulate my periods (two birds with one stone).
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 9:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• my daughter is 17 and have never been on a BC.... But my niece is 14 and on BC..not to keep her from having kids or anything.. the Dr. put her on it to help with her hormone imbalance. So I believe it to be the parents/droctors who should decide, and that it is no ones else business.
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 9:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 1)MOST are on it to control thier periods NOT BIRTH CONTROL
    2)if an 11-13 year old is sexually active then THANK GOD they are on birth control
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No, if they are having sex at this age. Use a condom and be sure they carry one.
    If I had a daughter, there would be a lot of conversations and doctor visits.
    i never was one to go with the crowd. Let someone's else daughter do it.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i can see the controlling of the period..but im afraid it would appear that im promoting bc if i allow my 2 girls to get on it that early..an i dont..from what i have read most surveyed were on it cause they were actually sexually active already..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• HELL NO!!!

You are encouraging them to have unprotected sex. All kids think about is the "baby" part of sex and not the disease part. You need to teach 1) abstinance 2) HEALTH 3) Respect for your body and others 4) SAFETY!!!! Hell, even Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman used condoms
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:35 PM on Sep. 13, 2010