Is anyone else preggo after a stillborn?

how do you feel, are you worried.... any advice. Feel free to say whatever you want, tell me your story if you want.. I had a trisomy 18 baby who passed when I was 29 weeks

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I lost my second son. Still born at 39 weeks. When pregnant with my third son I was miserable. I could not relax, eat, sleep, enjoy anything. I was constantly worried it would happen again. I think I guarded my emotions to ease the pain if it happened again. I hated being pregnant the third time. It was a 'textbook pregnancy' as my OB put it. I was miserable to myself and probably everyone around me. When my 3rd son was born he was perfect and a lot of healing happened that day. Still, this many, many years later there is a day in the spring that forever haunts me. The loss gets easier to deal with , but it is never over. Parents aren't supposed to bury their children.
    Anonymous

• i havent, but best of luck with your current one! :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I havent but I can't imagine! I did have a early mc and the pregnancy after that was so hard I cried at the doctors office several times. Theres no way around it! I just had a lot of support from people and that helped. I wish you the best and I am so sorry for your loss I truly truly am.
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• There are a few groups available through cafemom for moms who have been through pregnancy loss- I'd look their and try to find some other mommies who've been there before. Best of luck!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 6:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My first pregnancy was a mc at 4months.

never went to therapy because of it. was a huge mistake. my pregnancy with my daughter (now 15months old) was horrible.. i was always in panic.. freaked out and ran to the OBGYN with every little cramp even when i knew its nothing bad. i had an ultrasound taken EVERY week .. sometimes twice a week because i was so afraid.

even after my daughter was born i kept being in panic every day. everybody knows about crib death.. which happens mostly in the first 12months of the babys life. so you can imagine how much i worried every night until my daughter was 12months old.

so i recommend every woman with a mc to go get a therapy. i never got over it. between my mc and the PG with my daughter have been about 4years. :-/

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yeah. Well mine was 7 months, not a miscarriage although I'm sorry about yours
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I didn't have a stillbirth but I had a miscarriage at eleven weeks with my last pregnancy and I am pregnant again seventeen weeks. I am worried but I think it is normal to feel that way after you had it happen once because it is hard to know what is going on with the baby I am always terrified to go to the doctor because I'm afraid there will be no heartbeat. I wish you the best of luck with this pregnancy.
    Amanda_87

Answer by Amanda_87 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2008