Couscous recipes for DH

Hi Ladies, I don't need to add a lot of bells and whistles to my food in order to like it, but DH really doesn't like the couscous I make with dinner. Any new ideas I can try to spice it up for him so he will eat it with me?

35Steph

Asked by 35Steph at 12:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Food & Drink

•  

1 (10 ounce) box couscous

1 1/2 cups boiling water

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 onion, diced

2 cloves garlic, minced

3 Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced

1/2 cup shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend  Stir together couscous and boiling water in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and set aside for 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the diced Roma tomatoes, and cook until the tomatoes release their juice and the mixture begins to thicken.  Fluff the couscous with a fork, then fold in the tomato mixture and cheese. Serve immediately as the cheese is melting.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i just finish up mine with a few squirts of lemon and a chiffonade of mint leaves.
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 3:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2008