how much water should my kids drink?

harris4

Asked by harris4 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• the general rule for daily water intake is 1/2 ounce per pound daily. so if you weigh 100 pounds, you need 50 ounces. or 30 pounds.. 15 ounces. if you drink soda, or coffee or anything that is a diuretic (sp.?) then you need to add another 4-6 ounces.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 11:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That depends on how old they are. I would ask your pediatritian.
    mbeckner777

Answer by mbeckner777 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Ideally they should drink only water and to thirst. It depends on their size, what they are doing and how hot it is. We live in the desert and drink a lot of water.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• They should drink water at all meals and whenever they are thirsty.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• drinking water is good for them, exspecial during warm days. But I would talk to your children doctors and ask him/her.
    Geema

Answer by Geema at 9:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I agree with QandA. If I had it my way my teens and SO would only drink water as I do. But that will never happen.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• "The standard recommendation of water intake for children is at least 6-8 glasses (1.5 - 2 liters) a day, drunk regularly throughout the day (at least 3-4 glasses while at school) ensuring that plenty of additional fluid is drunk during warm weather and/or when exercising. "When exercising" means before, during and after exercise and is not restricted to formal PE and games lessons, but is also applicable to active play (e.g. football in the playground or periods of running around)."

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2010