I am 32 and my parents are trying to take custody of my daughter, does anybody know where i could get free legal advice?

meghansmom528

Asked by meghansmom528 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Google a lawyers in your area and call around, I'm sure you can find a couple that would give you free advise.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• many lawyers have free initial consultation because they are hoping that you will use them in court. just look in the phone book and see which ones specialize in family law and have free initial consults
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You can find a lot of info online. It can take a looong time to find a free lawyer.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• first what is going on with you that your parents would feel your child is in danger in your custody:
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yes,each state provides some kind of free legal advice. Look up the county you live in.
    Geema

Answer by Geema at 9:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• are you in the military yu can go on base and they have free lawyers i know though youd probably know that. you can look in the phone book, BUT we had a family friend that was giving me "free" advice and i met w him twice well he sent me a bill afterwards for 300! just for advice he did nothing and i called and said we agreed it was free and she said that is the "free" he charged me 300 for ordering my medical records which i would have picked up for 10 dollars had i known he would do that so be careful make sure you sign something that says you wont be charged. if your parents are just on a power kick you probably dont have to worry if they dont have basis it wont probably even make it to court unless the have prrof you are unfit, and have cps come out inspect you first and find proof otherwise it will go no where
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• what are their reasons? No one can take your child if there are not legit reasons..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Would the children be better off with you or with your parents?
    Think hard and answer truthfully.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• why would your parents try to take your daughter? youre 32 not 14. Do they have a reason to try and do that?
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• All of the legal advice in the world can only do so much. It's great for bringing out the truth. Is there a problem? Addiction or alcoholism? Denial won't change the truth. The court system will bring out any skeletons hidden. Only you can change your life. Talk to your parents and make the changes you need. How sad that at the time they should be enjoying life, you have them worrying about a child you should be responsible for. I hope you see the truth in your own mirror and fight what you need to and it sounds like what you need to fight is a beast inside of you....... If I am wrong, I appologize......Life will be as good as you make it. It's up to you. Hugs !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010