What is your favorite thing about having children that are now adults?

I love watching them become the young adults that I help raise. To get out into the world on their own and contribute to society as wonderful members of the adult world.

twinsplus2more

Asked by twinsplus2more at 9:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Knowing that they were really listening and taking in everything we taught them. Its nice seeing them grow up and start their own household.
    Ittgal

Answer by Ittgal at 9:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That I moved in to a small apt and they can't come back!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Having a real conversation with your children, once they are out of all that teen angst messiness!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Having a grandchild.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Joy in seeing how well they have done. The converse may be true also, since some struggle and falter, and there is heartache in seeing their pain and difficulties.
    I am especially happy to see how they love and give of themselves and are not self consumed, believing the development of their character to be of much more importance that what type of job they have or other things by which many measure success
    cmlkb

Answer by cmlkb at 9:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That they have moved out of my house!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• it make me feel wonderful to see them grow and become parents of their own and have their own lives
    missgwen

Answer by missgwen at 8:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Finding out that how you handled some of those difficult "teen issues" really were the right thing to do and that they learned and became stronger because of it. It fills me with so much pride to see the amazing adults that they become and the goals they have set for themselves and have achieved and are still working so hard to achieve.
    jillybean4

Answer by jillybean4 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I love being a grandma!!!!! Spoil them rotten, take them out for ice cream instead of dinner and then take them home!!! Hee Hee Hee! Just a family tradition that my grandfather did with us and my father did with my kids! Since I have long been divorced and my ex-husband is a putz, I have continued the tradition on my own!
    laffin4fun

Answer by laffin4fun at 8:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My 9 and 5 yr old grandsons and my 5 yr old granddaughter. They are my heart. You can't understand that sentence until you have grandchildren of your own.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 4:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010