C-Section

Do you still have the same amount of post partum bleeding after having a C-Section as you do when you have a vaginal delivery?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 9:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• HAHAH yea I had the hospital diapers that they call pads, I couldn't close my legs properly because they were so massive LOL, but there is a little less but dependent on your doctor and how much they clean you out after the surgery. Some have the attitude that it will all come out naturally, some have the attitude that they need to clean out as much as possible to minimize it. There will always be blood, just dependent on how much cleaning they do after the removal of the baby and placenta and all that.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 9:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• you have less, but there should still be some. after my first c-section i didn't have any bleeding and the dr. said that was dangerous
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I barely bled at all after my c-section
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• It was 17 and 16 years ago when I gave birth. My 17 year old was a c-section and almost 16 year old was a v-back. If I remember correctly, I had the same amount of after bleeding with both. The big difference that I had between the two was that I had a harder time losing the weight after the c-section and no problem losing the weight after having the v-back.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My one and only child at the moment was a c-section and I bled VERY heavy for the first few days then it lightened up.
    MommaJanes09

Answer by MommaJanes09 at 9:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You will bleed the same amount the difference is that when you have a c-section you stay very inactive for the first week or so and vaginal deliveries you tend to be more active than you should the first 2 weeks and that prolongs the bleeding where resting makes the bleeding less and go away sooner.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i had a lot or good amount of blood and was using HUGE pads with wings and long, lol, then medium pads, then thin pads, then pantyliners and it did take liek 6 weeks to stop. my incision was good thank God. some harsh cramping but took ibuprofens so was ok. VERY important is to get a abdomen waist support belt... this helped my body support itself after my stomach muscles were relaxed after being stretched duing pregnancy, and as i went thru the first months, i tightemed the belt with its velcro and even slept in it it really helped, nice and wide and stretchy tight.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• My first was a (scheduled) C-section, my second was vaginal. I bled exactly the same after both, even started my period at the same time post-partum. Some women say it makes a difference, but I doubt it's the actual method of delivery.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i think that every woman is different. some might not bleed that much or for that long, but others have more bleeding and bleed longer. just depends...
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2010