has ne 1 had a dog that had bad reaction to walmart flea and tick product/

harris4

Asked by harris4 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pets

• Doesn't shock me. The chemical in those has been around for many many years and has always had horrible effects on cats. I can imagine that a dog that was very young, old or not in the best health could easily have a poor reaction.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have seen many dogs have reactions to the flea products that you get a walmart or target. The Frontline and Advantage are better but there are still breeds that are more sensitive to the chemicals than others. Which is why it is better to talk to you vet and get what they recommend. I have seen the most reactions with the Hartz brand of flea products-everything from the flea shampoo to the topical treatment.  You have to be careful and know what you are putting on your dog, it is after all a toxic chemical that goes into the blood system meant to KILL the fleas.

Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You don't ever want to use that over the counter flea and tick! It is dangerous and frankly does not work. I have seen many animal die from having used it. It is better to get it from the vet.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Hartz/Hagen products have been known to kill animals. Please don't use it anymore. Go to a vet (if you can't afford one, apply for a care credit card, or ask about a payment plan)...ask him for the flea prevention they use the most.

Through the shit you got from walmart in the garbage.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• nope, all my animals are fine on it and it works great!!!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• nope
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• frontline works better than generic cause the chemicals n the generics leave residue that can cause irritation and sometimes even posion the pets
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• OH MY GOD!!! I just wrote throw as through...excuse me while I go back to school.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:20 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I've had my dogs for 4 and 2 yrs and have always used Hartz on them with no problems, but I don't use it every month. I only use it if I actually SEE fleas on them. So, for as long as we've had the dogs, I may have only used it maybe 3 times. We just don't have a flea problem here. Now if I was using something regularly, I would use Frontline, Advantage, etc.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 1:58 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• Totally agree with KyliesMom5 & Acid.
    XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 2:15 AM on Sep. 20, 2010