How many different types of "monkey bread" have you made or heard of?

I have heard of tow kinds one was a dessert, sweet, and the other was a savory flavor that my cousin and i used to make.

klockhart

Asked by klockhart at 9:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My mom makes "pluckit" bread which I guess is basically monkey bread... except I have no idea where the the name monkey bread came from. Pluckit bread makes much more sense. Mom's is a homemade yeast dough balls (golf ball sized) rolled in cinnamon/sugar mixture that is layered with a brown sugar syrup with pecans. Its super sticky and moist and the syrup will amost string when you pull it apart.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• In my family, we call any kind of pull apart bread "monkey" bread. My mom makes a garlic and herb monkey bread that is just awesome!
    laffin4fun

Answer by laffin4fun at 10:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• wemake it with bacon pieces and onion, mmmm mouth watering just talking about it.
    klockhart

Comment by klockhart (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 2 types but they mostly just had a different type of carmel sauce and different rolls but both delicious
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I've done the bacon and onion, garlic-bread type with herbs, regular cinnamon-sugar, banana walnut, the pecan sticky roll type, orange flavored, strawberry shortcake kind, we do Monkey bread a lot, LOL and we try new flavors ALL the time...
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• 1 - roll dough peices in a cinnamon-sugar mix, make a caramel-y syrup to pour over, bake, and eat. I've never heard of any other version, other than using different kinds of dough, or some using pudding mix instead of the syrup.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010