Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

what can i do to test or see that my separated husband has changed for better?

i am under a protective order from an alcoholic husband who would be verbally terrorizing and cruel and occasionally physically abusive (a hands problem but escalating). He has been shocked into reality and has gone for AA, anger management, and both psychologist and psychiatrist counseling and has been diagnosed with major depression, ptsd and panic disorder. he is very remorseful and seems real, says he lost the best thing in his life (me)... and showed up in church yesterday and stared at me not meanly. if i modify the order to include emails and public meetings or counseling mtgs, what can i do to feel him out this year, as my counselor said it is the most i can do?


Asked by silverelf at 10:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

Level 16 (3,114 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • Nothing. I'm sorry but I don't really think people can change. If he had wanted to change her would have done it before. It's not in people to change for other people. They have to want to change for themselves or else it doesn't stick.

    Answer by Danaefm at 10:40 PM on Sep. 13, 2010