Boyfriend saying he just wants to be friends because he doesn't think he can get the money to make it here

Ok my boyfriend and I have been dating since June 14th, it is long distance right now. We have known eachother since I was 9 yrs old and well I will be 24 in 2 days. Anyways he has been having money problems which fine no big deal...I told him I am willing to wait until the end of the year for him to get here because I feel like things are going good even though it is long distance. He sends me a text today saying he thinks we should just be friends because he does not want to keep me waiting, he says its not really what he wants but he does not think its right to keep me waiting (remind u I said I dont mind waiting) What do you make of this, does he just wanna be friends just because & he is afraid of saying that because he is afraid of hurting me or is it really the factor of money & him being worried about not making it by the end of the yr. I mean personally if it was the other way around I'd do what i need 2 to get 2 him.

mama2005

Asked by mama2005 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you're right, maybe he is testing you....to see if you really are committed to being in a long distance relationship... or maybe he met someone else....it's hard to tell through a text...call him and talk to him
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Sorry-It seems like he's lost interest and is trying to break it off by beating around the bush.....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think the money is BS. Start dating.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think he doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Just let him go. If it was meant to be with you guys then he would try harder to be with you.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 10:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010