Religilous...

Have you heard about it? What do Chrisitains think about it? Non-Christians? If you don't know what it is, it's a movie. You can google it for more info.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ehh, I saw the previews. I don't think I'll be watching it. I think he's just trying to make a buck by making something controversial, and I don't really feel like supporting something like that by spending money to watch it.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• DH and I want to see it! It's not that we're being anti-Christian ... we just want to see a different point of view on things. Bill Maher is funny anyway, whether or not you think he's right or wrong. Freedom of speech and all that.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 6:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Me and DH saw it. It was fantastic!! Best movie I ever saw. He raises a lot of great questions about all three major religions (Christianity, Islam, and Judaism). I felt like he focused equally on each religion. While the show is funny, it does make a lot of great points.

KatieBatey . . . I don't think the movie is anti-Christian. Maher doesn't attack the religion. Completely. He does a little bit. He just asks people tough questions about all three religions. See it as soon as you can!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Great movie. I saw it the weekend it came out. He asked a lot of questions. We all know how questions usually upset the religious people, lol. But seriously he asked a lot of unbiased questions, and made a few good points with out being offensive.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 8:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I will not be seeing it, because the previews are enough. I won't pay to watch someone poke fun at my beliefs. Christian bashing seems to be an acceptable form of prejudice these days. Bill Maher may be laughing, but he isn't funny... and he won't be having the last laugh either.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:49 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• It isn't Christian bashing at all. Those are just previews. He addresses concerns about ALL THREE MAJOR RELIGIONS!!! EQUALLY. He raises a few really good questions.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I might see this. Just watched the preview and I'm sorry but he's got a point! Organized religion is a JOKE! God never intended for anything like what happens now-a-days. Did you know that 86% of atheists site their reason for being atheist is because of hypocritical Christians?? There are so many religious people out there that outright alienate people because they don't believe the same way. It's crap! That's not living like Jesus, that's not being Christ-like. I am a Christian and I go to church, but I hate religion.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008