Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

How can I convince a JUdge that I'm telling him the truth??? adult content

I'm in Riverside County Ca . I'm representing myself in a custody/visitation hearing. I brought up some concerns I have had all along but the mediator and attorney did not follow through with it in regards to my ex husband being molested by mother as a young toddler and him having flashback but now he states it was tickling. The Judge said to me today that he really doesn't know if is true or not but why did I not bring it up at the beginning and I told him I did but no one wanted to listen or deal with it. He said he's leaning towards it not being true. What can I do to make sure he's not left with her alone ever?? HELP

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (8)
  • They need to have him see a shrink to find out if he has a perpensity to be that way.

    Answer by truealaskanmom at 10:12 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • Research and try to find someone to substantiate this. Without proof or a person with knowledge, it could be hard if not impossible to do it.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 10:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • good luck, in my personal case, unless you can provide proof and not word of mouth, there isn't much you can do. It being so long ago doesn't help either and trust me I know the fear you have, I've had issues similar with my son and his siblings. The best thing you can do is talk to child services with your concerns regardless of the custody order that is written, and have them investigate the mother's home and make sure it is safe now. But realistically, if he doesn't live with his mom, and they only go for visits or something, they really aren't going to do much with her as grandparents don't have much to do with custody hearings. Good Luck in any case.....

    Answer by HTMommy at 10:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • You really need to hire a lawyer. Lawyers are worth going into debt for if it can protect your children.

    You should have a guardian ad lietem appointed to your case. Ask him/her to investigate this issue for you.


    Answer by ecodani at 10:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • the mediator and attorney didn't use that because there is no proof and it's just your word against his..... he can deny it. it's not really useful as you can see now. you might want to hire a lawyer if you feel you're not doing a good job representing yourself

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • Thank you for all the answers. I go back to court tomorrow after being in court since 8:30am till 4:45 pm just waiting to be called finally called @3pm.They had to continue the case of visitation. I'm legally divorce from today's date. I should be thrilled is been 2 years. I'm glad, but I feel a sense of failure and sadness Why?

    Answer by califormom at 11:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

  • I agree on hiring a lawyer.

    Answer by KTMOM at 8:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • An attorney didn't follow through on this - who's attorney? Yours? You stated that you're representing yourself. Did you previously have an attorney? Or did you expect that your ex's attorney would follow up on this?
    The court mediator didn't follow through on this. The court mediator acts solely in the best interest of the child. If the court mediator thought this was in any way credible, this allegation would have been investigated. This is the type of thing that they do "want to listen or deal with".
    The judge told you that he does not believe this is a credible allegation. I don't believe you are going to be able to convince the judge.

    Answer by missingruth at 6:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.