Where can I get a wedding cake for November 8th for about 25 people ?

WE just want a simple cake, nothing fancy but we are on a budget. Any ideas where we can go ? It started out as just us eloping and now friends have decided we needed to celebrate and you cannot have a wedding without a cake !!

redsoxdiane

Asked by redsoxdiane at 6:05 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I know this might sound crazy but try Walmart's Bakery. I was like you and on a budget and I had mine made there and it turned out beautiful. It looked like one of those cakes that was made at a fancy bakery.
    Anonymous

• Is anyone you know, family or friend, including yourself, a good baker? You can make your own for a huge fraction of the price. You can even have any flavor, regardless of what anyone says. They make wooden stakes that you can slip into the cake to hold it together. If you're extra cautious about it, just bake the cake a little longer than normal. It'll be a little dry, but hey - it's cake. Just get 2-4 different sized cake pans, depending on how many layers you want, a few boxes of cake mix, and a few cans of frosting. For a smooth appearance, heat the frosting a little bit until it's soft. It's super easy - if you need help, message me before tonight. I won't be on for a while after tonight. Good luck to you!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 6:20 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• WalMart, HEB, Albertsons...any grocery store with a bakery
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would go to a bakery and ask for a half sheet cake with some roses. Shouldn't cost much at all...or, if you have a Costco near you, their cakes are actually pretty good, and you can't argue with the price.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:27 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• we are getting ours from the local hyvee, but walmart works just as well also. (hyvee is our local grocery store with a bakery and i can do online ordering after we talk to someone in the store)
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Walmart! I've gotten bridal shower and baby shower cakes from there and they are actually quite good and reasonably priced.

I got a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and butter creme frosting, decorated for about $30 and it fed atleast 20 people.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 12:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008