has anyone tried these?

What do you think of group weight loss programs like jenny craig and weight watchers? do they actually work and how are they organized?

americanadian25

Asked by americanadian25 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• OMG LOVE WEIGHT WATCHERS ONLINE. so weight waters online is the best ever ok. they always have these promotions so you can join for free or for a dollar. and then its like 17 dollars a month. the way i used it was i looked up reciepes on the webpage and made my meals before i ate them and added up the points on the tracker, and only ate tha tmuch but the thing is you can eat whatever you want, it just tells you the points so you learn to make your own choices... it makes the decision to eat better, so easy. i really recommend it. I lost 20 pounds in the first two months.
    GOOD LUCK

(i don tthink jenny craig would work very well because once you stop buying their food, you'll probably gain the weight back because it didnt teach you the right way to eat!!!! plus its hella hella expensive!)
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:23 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• They both have their pros and cons. I can only speak for Jenny Craig, as I used to work there. It does work, and works well. You have to follow the program though. It's nice b/c you meet with someone one-on-one each week discuss progress, set backs, etc. You have your meals planned out for the week and don't have to cook them. The downside, it can be expensive.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 10:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I haven't tried them, but I know people who have and had success with them.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:27 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• best friend did weight watchers and loved it!!! online is only a few dollars more than the meetings, the meetings you go with fellow watchers and weigh in and what not, discuss whatever needs to be discussed and leave doesn't take long, but you learn what your value is, add your points and start losing weight as you lose weight your value goes down so eat less food for your weight and continue to lose weight....every time i tried to join i was either pregnant or breastfeeding and you can't join if you do either
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010