Provera

I'm ttc and the dr put me on prvera well after the last pill i took it made me start my period and i had really bad cramps where i thaught i was gonna die! and we have been trying for a year and half so what should i ask my dr she was gonna put me on clomid is there any other med that will help when ur ttc?

butterfly545

Asked by butterfly545 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• TTC = Trying to conceive.. I am so sorry that you and your husband are unable to conceive. May I pray for and with you?
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 11:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Femara is another ovulation inducing drug. Some people have fewer side effects on it. Also make sure you chart your cycles so you can see if ovulation is really your issue or if it's something else like a luteal phase defect. And if your Dr hasn't done blood work I highly suggest it and possibly an HSG also. Good luck. We are TTC also and it's very difficult to fail month after month.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 12:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Provera just makes you have your period, or shed your lining. Clomid actually makes you ovulate from both ovaries. I was able to successfully get pregnant on clomid on my first dose, so I highly recommend it.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010