Help!! My just turned 2year old still sleeps with mama & daddy.

My Lil girl just turned 2 and I'm having the hardest time getting her to sleep in her on bed. It's my fought she is my 1st and only Lil girl. But me and Daddy need are alone time. My husband has been stressing this to me since she was a year old. But now I'm scared its to late . The past two nights she went to sleep on the couch I pick her up put her in her bed. But around 2:30 - 3:30 she wakes up freaked out and of course i let her in our bed. Please tell me what to do and what to do when she wakes up in the middle of the night.

mz_magic

Asked by mz_magic at 6:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You need to stay strong and tell her she will sleep in her bed. My DD just figured out how to open her door and she is only 15 months... so now she tries to open her door during nap time. When she did it today, I picked her up and put her right back in her bed and I said no you will stay in your bed and take a nap. After she fussed for a moment... she took a nap and didn't open the door again. So when she wakes you up, take her back to her room... rock her if you have too so she is calm... and put her back in her bed. If she starts to cry, let her. Crying won't hurt her! Good luck!

Coastiegirl96

Answer by Coastiegirl96 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I can relate in a way. My dad moved in with my husband and I to help out finacially. So I ended up converting my nursery into a bedroom and my son now sleeps in the same room as we do. So when he wakes up in the middle of the night he fusses cause he sees us. Its frustrating. When he does end up having to stay over at my moms I just bring what is familiar. ( a blanket, or a stuffed animal, maybe a lulliby cd) Or maybe she needs a slower transition. I might try putting her in a pack n play in your room so shes out of the bed, then slowly start putting her in her bed. You might just have to do it cold turkey and let her cry it out a bit. I know thats hard for some moms though. I would also put a big picture of you and your hubby in her eyesight so when she does wake up she will see a picture. I hope something work. Good luck. :0)
    BrensMomma

Answer by BrensMomma at 6:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• WoW - I know what you're going through. I was sick of it. So.... I got rid of his crib and put him in a "Big Boy Bed" It's a regular twin bed. First week was hard, esspecially when he came down the hall in at 1:00 in the morning, it freeked my husband and I out for a while. Especially when you're in a dead sleep, and he's standing right in frount of your face. But after a week he got the hang of it. The first time he slept the entire night I freek out and had to turn on his light to make sure he was stll there and breathing. lol It will come in due time. good luck By the wayI took my crib set and other baby items and donated it to the womans shelter here in town. It's a great idea and it make you feel really good too.
    AJnKurtsmom

Answer by AJnKurtsmom at 7:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Get a night light and stay strong, you have to be strong now b4 it really does become a problem
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I wish you luck hon! My 5 and 6 year old STILL end up in bed with me at some point in the night....I put them back into their beds...usually they stay asleep...GOOD LUCK!
    mama14572

Answer by mama14572 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2008