21 weeks pregnant and diarrhea today

The past month I've been fairly constipated. Today I've gone 3 times and it's all been loose and the last was diarrhea. Is this normal? Maybe it was just something I ate? My stomach has just been cramping before i need to go. Very annoying! Anyone else go through this while pregnant?

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 10:38 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could of been something you ate. Not all women stay constipated through pregnancy.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 10:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yea, its hormones, and possibly what you ate....if you are cramping before hand its the poo going through the plumbing and bc you are preggo its getting squished all over from the baby growing. Its not fun but it will pass, just make sure you are drinking enough so you don't get dehydrated with the diarrhea. Call the dr or pharmacy first to see if you can take anti-diarrheal medicine bc I'm not sure how it will effect the baby.....mine always stopped within 24 hours so I never took it while preggo.....good luck
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have been for the last couple of weeks like that. don't know way.
    cat708

Answer by cat708 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 13, 2010