flying on airplane

hi, i was wondering if anyone had any tips on flying w/my 13 month old - we are flyin in the morning so hopefully she will nap for a while ..but its a 4 hour flight. i got a mini dvd player for her to watch her favorite movies, crayons, etc., I am just worried about her ears popping on takeoff and landing.. i am bring a bottle

Thanks!

kyliegirl28

Asked by kyliegirl28 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she should be ok. My mom took my baby girl when she was 2 months old and she did find.They told me she did not cry when and if her ears did pop. I think you just need to make sure she got something to do and bring a pillow or something for her. It may be cold on there so something she can cover up with as well. Good luck. :)
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• meanwhile i'm wondering why she's on a bottle when she's 13 months...give her a snack on the way up and down. or just give her the bottle. the chewing and/or sucking helps with the ear popping. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• thanks anonymous... but she is not on a bottle anymore but the dr. said for her to take a bottle and it helps w/the ear popping
    kyliegirl28

Comment by kyliegirl28 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Nursing during take off/ landing are #1 lifesavers, but you mentioned bottle so I don't know that this is an option anymore for you.
    Good luck!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Lot's of toys and snacks, the dvd player on the airplane was a lifesaver for us. We have never had a problem with the ears popping. I always give them a dose of tylenol about 1/2 hour before we take off. Flying is uncomfortable, even for us. When my daughter was little we always tried to have a bottle ready for her to drink when we were taking off, I remember one time waiting to taxi out and she started to get hungry, we didn't want to give it to her because she would finish before takeoff, then I realized we were making her cry so that she wouldn't cry!! Try not to stress, the flight WILL eventually end and it won't be the first or the last time a baby has cried on an airplane!
    nvywfemomof2

Answer by nvywfemomof2 at 2:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2010