whole milk

anyones baby not get use to the whole milk and have constipation?? i have tried everything and nothing worked...dr. prescribed lactulose but that worked somewhat but shes still having problems.
when she was 2 mos old i had to put her on enfamil gentlease bcause she was extremely fussy and gassy. now they make enfamil for toddlers and i just switched to that to see if it helps bcause i feel so bad she is having tummy problems.

kyliegirl28

Asked by kyliegirl28 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried alternatives to milk? Rice Dream or Almond Milk? My son has a problem with cow's milk too. We tried the rice and almond milk but he wouldn't drink them. Out of last resort we tried Goat's milk and he loved it. I think it tastes like crap...I even hate the smell but he drinks it and it doesn't give him problems. There are other options you just have to play around till you find the right one for you.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i havent tried rice/almond milk..honestly i never even saw that in the store. what kind of problems was your son having?
    the gentlease immediately stopped her tummy trouble at 2 months and i am hoping it solves the problem again :) it has broken down protein and less lactose than whole milk
    kyliegirl28

Comment by kyliegirl28 (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• they make lactose free cow milk too if you want to try that
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Try lacto free cows milk if its the lactose. It can also be the proteins. If its the protiens you may have to switch to almond milk or something of that nature. Almond milk tastes good and is very good for you. I give it to my son and drink it myself :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010