Is it ok to give my 11 month old cut up hot dogs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can't give it to them cut up into circles.... you have to split the circles in half kwim? slice it longways first, then cut into slices.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• everyone freaks about the hot dog thing because of the shape. honestly, if i was going to feed my twins (1 year) a hot dog, i would i fi wanted but if you cut it in rectangles, (normal bite size finger food size rectangles) then its just like anything you would give them, right!

its mostly the shape people freak over, its super dangerous for them to try and eat it if you just slice is up as discs.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Make sure to cut them up lengthwise too. In round disks they are a chocking hazard. Also they have a lot of nitrates and are not great for him> just make sure you don't give them too often.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:47 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i think it really depends on your child and how good or bad they eat, my son at 11 months old scared the crap out of me with anything he had to chew but my best friends daughter was eating like hole bell peppers lol that girl would eat anything like a trooper!! but hot dogs are soo gross.. and unhealthy yuck they gross me out my son only has them once in a blue moon and he has all natural turkey ones.. u should Google Oscar mayer cancer scare.. im not saying you haven't and im not judging or trying to say ur a bad mom.. lol just passing on what i have heard.. some moms on her get soo defensive and crazy!
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I really would not yet. Its a great chocking risk. The skin on the hotdogs creat a problem
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 10:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534427,00.html
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Nope. Plus...so unhealthy.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• with my oldest i cut them into the circles then the circles into 4s until he got older then i did halves of the circle now he chows down on them and hes 2
    AirForceWife412

Answer by AirForceWife412 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Just cut it up into finger food size pieces
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Cut them up small and not in circles is what they recommend. Make sure they're cooked to where they're steaming.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010