my 8th grader has a 504 and still getting Fs. What to do???

He was diagosed with adhd, inattentive type about a year ago and prescribed concerta for it (when he was 12 and my other children, 2 of them middle schoolers are not adhd). Our school isn't really working with the 504. What would you do? Have you encountered this situation? What are my RIGHTS???

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 10:46 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would contact the principal, if that doesn't work the school board or the superintendent.... that 504 plan is there to protect him and doesn't really seem like it's working

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Your rights are to go in there and talk with the principal about getting the teachers to follow the 504. And if they won't go above their heads and hold them accountable.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would call a meeting to get things under control. Keep emailing, calling, going in to the school until you see some progress. Good luck!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Have a meeting and keep talking and calling until you get what you want.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Is a 504 like an IEP or ARD? Just trying to clarify what you are asking here.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 6:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010