update: Boyfriend saying he just wants to be friends because he doesn't think he can get the money to make it here

Well I called him & it was much easier to understand his point of view by talking to him. Since I am not ready to move on & he is a great guy he has until the end of the yr. to get here.......he is worth waiting for. Thank u all for your advice. He is getting screwed around by his step father as far as the money goes cause he works for him so for now since I'm not looking to date anyone else I'm waiting for him. I feel as if he might be the man I have been waiting for. I just hope I'm not waiting around 4 nothing.

mama2005

Asked by mama2005 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• as i say things happen for a reason... things will work out if its meant to be!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 10:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I don't know. They way I look at it he want to be friend bc he find some other girl up there.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• good luck
    pinkdena

• hope it works out for ya!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I hope everything works out for you guys.
    Nolasweetie

Answer by Nolasweetie at 10:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thank you all for your answers, especially pinkdena I have always believed things happen 4 a reason and for some reason I feel like I should wait but at the same time I am just not getting my hopes up.
    mama2005

Comment by mama2005 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Good luck, I do hope things work out for you. It sounds like he's trying to be an honorable and honest guy. I don't mean this to sound negative, but please, try not to get really angry or anything if you find out that while you are waiting, he is not. Normally, yes, you should both be faithful and waiting, BUT, from what you said, it sounds like as far as he's thinking, you guys are now broken up, are friends, but are free to date other people (he said that he just wants to be friends). He very well could be the right guy for you, and could totally be worth waiting for, but at this point - waiting for him is a choice you are making, not something he's asking you to do.

I'd hate for it to not work out for you all because he was dating other people, then he was able to get to where you are, and want to try again, but you end it because he didn't wait (because he thought it was over and wasn't ever going to work out).

GL!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010