Measuring Big?

How many of you are measuring big?

I am measuring almost three weeks big but it isn't just my uetrus. They are saying I have extra fluid and the baby himself is measuring big as well.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 10:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i measured big with both of mine...my dd was born at 37 weeks and was 9lbs 3oz 21 inches long... my ds was born at 36 weeks weighing 8lbs 6oz and 21 1/2 inches long... my ob said something about a csection too but i was determined to get my babies out so no csection for me....GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I did for all three of mine. My older two were both LONG babies at 22 inches each, so there was the extra inches :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I measured big in the Beginning then small the rest of the way. Measurements really mean nothing. People measure one way and have ultrasounds and they are just guesses.

Do not let your doctor bully you into a c section or induction. You can't have a baby that is too big unless you actually have a bone deformity or health condition.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:11 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• The baby is "3 weeks big" and your uterus is measuring "on time" ?
    Doesn't the uterus need to stretch so baby is fitting in there? Maybe you aren't so far along yet?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• doulala

• I always did.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I have an ultrasound next week and the following week. Next week they will measure fluid and the babys percentile measurements. I just wondered who else measured big. They mentioned a c-section Today and that is NOT what I want!
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• OMG! 3 weeks! Your baby is going to be huge, better schedule your c-section now.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• All three of my pregnancies I have measured very big. Right now I am @ 33 weeks but measuring closer to 35-36 weeks and baby is close to 6lbs give or take according to ultrasounds. Although they are never 100% correct. I always have a lot of amniotic fluid ( the size of a gallon of milk, 8-9lbs of just fluid) and all my babies were born over 10lbs because of the very high fluid amount. I had them naturally and hoping this one will be too, I don't want a C-section.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• this last pregnancy, i was measuring big, i think a little over '2 weeks' bigger. but the midwives said that it was normal. it didn't bother me. i went to 40w5d and then went into spontaneous labor. my son was 9#14oz at birth. i had an almost intervention free birth. no pain meds either. :)
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 1:54 AM on Sep. 14, 2010