Anonymous

Does it drive you crazy when people use the anonymous feature to be annoying, rude and a smartbutt? I mean seriously, if I have something to say to someone, I won't hide behind an anonymous answer. I try to answer everything with respect, even when I disagree and I sure don't try to hide who I am. I think it is childish and rude. Do you?

I think anonymous is great for those people who have serious questions that may be emberassing. They feel like they can ask their question and not get upset or emberassed.

I just think it is misused here most of the time.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 10:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I knooow. I hate that. like if youre going ot be rude or say somethign you know is going to piss people off, have the guts to show your username.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i agree with you
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You are completely right..... it's pretty pathetic actually

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i'm just waiting for the day someone asks this exact same question, only under the anonymous button LOL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I use the Anon when the question or answer is highly personal, but if I want to be and ass, then I am an ass as me
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I've used anonymous for just that reason, I had a serious question but was a little embarrassed for my screen name to show. Yea, ppl say that aren't we anon anyway on here, but not really I have friends on here and ppl remember what you post.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 11:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• That's exactly why CM made changes recently. It still goes on though.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I can also understand answering anonymous if it is personal and you are trying to honestly help but you don't really want everyone to know that it is you because of the personal details of it.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• How was it rude? Seriously three other people pointed out the same exact thing and you didn't vote them down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Anonymous....it wasn't just about your answer to my question...it was a question in general. I just think it is much more respectful to say things from who you are than behind an anonymous. Honestly, what you said, didn't bother me. It's late and I am tired. It was just typing the wrong word. I had more questions and your answer just made me thnk about it. It happens daily. I see it on question after question daily. Not my questions, but questions I am answering or reading. I think it is misused or used in the wrong way.
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Sep. 13, 2010