Anyone else have horrific heartburn?

I'm just under six months pregnant and for the last week straight I've had the worst heartburn. I've tried eating different foods with low acid and it's been no help. I don't drink a lot of caffeine since it makes my baby WAY more active. Any advice? Does anyone know if there's any over the counter meds I could take? It's been keeping me up at night! HELP!

VWChris

Asked by VWChris at 10:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you can avoid greasy foods too. sorry i didn't find anything to help, and unfortunately mine didn't go away after the baby was born :(
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• yeah i had the worst heartburn when i was pregnant with my twins. talk to your doctor about it? i THINK he gave me something for it, but I can't remember XD its been a long first year ;)
    good lucck
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• YES my heartburn has been bad....my dad told me to try putting a teaspoon of baking soda in warm water and drinking it...and it sounds gross but it really worked....!!!! And its natural. no pills or anything...but if you tell your Dr they will most likely give you a prescription for heartburn meds.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Coconut water.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Yes it was bad...I avoided all trigger foods and it still did not help. :(
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thanks for the advice! I'll try anything at this point. I think I have baking soda..I'll try that! (It does sound gross though) but if it works it's worth it!!!
    VWChris

Comment by VWChris (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Wow! That was almost instantaneously better! Kind of salty...not as bad as I expected it would be! THANK YOU!!! <3
    VWChris

Comment by VWChris (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Papaya Capsules(fresh worked to some degree also) worked well for my Heartburn. Congrats!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yea! I am glad it worked for you :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Glad that worked. Also, tums are a godsend. I pinpointed my heartburn down to anything with tomatoes. So BBQ sauce and pizza was a big no, no for me. Once I got that figured out and avoided it, it was much better. Funny too, because when I breastfed my daughter, anytime I ate anything with tomatoes in the ingredients she would spit up.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010