Clean up after pets when they have an "accident"

Not a question just useful info. I have used all sorts of pet products that promise to get rid of tough pet stains and odors. But none of them came through for me. I have discovered an at home remedy that works like a charm and actually gets rid of the stain and odor. You take some peroxide, baking soda, and oxyclean mix it with hot water and you can either put it in a spray or just use a mop bucket. Then you just like all others spray (or dump a lil bit) onto the carpet (you dont need to let it sit or anything like that) (and you dont have to worry about not being able to get to it right away..still works if it has to sit for a lil bit) and just scrub. If you have a shampooer you can probably just take the solution and pour it into the container its suppose to go into and clean your carpet that way. This solution also works for any household stain, especially if you rent andmysterious stains keeping appearing out of nowhere

bradymoma86

Asked by bradymoma86 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pets

• I love home solutions of any sort.. So thanks for this...
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 11:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• thanks.... my pets don't have accidents, but my kids might (still have one to potty train lol). i'll keep that in mind if i need it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• :) you ladies are welcome!
    bradymoma86

Comment by bradymoma86 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• How much of each ingredient do you mix together? Equal parts?
    KendraR

Answer by KendraR at 11:26 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Be trying this and hope it works. Just spent three weeks stripping carpet pet stained out of living room and don't want any more ever. Elderly cat.
    treece

Answer by treece at 1:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Answering Kendrar's question, its a judgement call really. Im sorry if that doesnt help you thats just how i do it. Plus it depends on big the stain(s) is.
    bradymoma86

Comment by bradymoma86 (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I hope this works for all of you I know when my friend told me about this i was skeptical but when i tried i was so happy i was like finally!! something that actually works.
    bradymoma86

Comment by bradymoma86 (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• thanks that is good to know.
    kristi95

Answer by kristi95 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I use something like this, without the oxyclean. Little bit of peroxide, liquid soap, baking soda and apple cider vinegar and hot water. :) Same as you, just eyeball it for amounts.. lol
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 10:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks for the info.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2010