Dentist

Why is it every time I go to the dentist I end up getting sick? It happens 90% of the time I go in for cleanings I end up sick for a week, and it doesn't matter which office I go to. I have been to 3 different offices in 3 different counties and I still get sick. Why?

Sarasahmof3

Asked by Sarasahmof3 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Health

• Chances are you just have a low immune system. I mean, no matter how clean the office is, there are people and instruments in your mouth. If your immune system is low, it makes sense that you could get sick faster when someone is digging around in your mouth. If not, it could be an allergy of some kind.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:17 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Thats crazy I've gotta say chalk it up to just a coincidence unless all denstists in your area just have really sucky hygeine practices
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:18 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i think it might be due to the fact that your mouth affects the rest of your health. breaking up all that junk that is poisonious and toxic and then you swallow some of it probably makes you sick. just a guess here. i'm not a hundred percent sure, but considering it happens at all dentists. i'd say it's a pretty good educated guess.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 12:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2010