DSHS. Daycare help. Venting. What should I do?

So to get help with daycare I have to work 20 hours a week. I've been trying to get a job, obviously because there are a lot of benfits to it lol plus I NEEDD it to get daycare.
i'm a full time student and I'm taking a full load of classes all morning this quarter which starts next week.

I really gets to me that there isnt any help for students. I'm going to school so I can get a good career so I can provide for my kids and not need to rely on DSHS for help...... its so frustrating.

the cheapest I have found daycare for is 954 a month because I have 1 year old twin boys.
I obviously don't have that money.
my mom is going to watch them until I can get a job/daycare but its really hard on her/stressful and its hard on our relationship because we fight about it and everything.

this was mostly venting i guess idk :/

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• Wow, that's awesome that you qualify for assistance. I worked full time and then some while I went to school full time and I had to do it all on student loans - I didn't qualify for any aid. Lucky!!!,

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i dont qualify unless i'm working they dont care about me goign to school. and yeah im living off my loans, but with a car payment and everything they need, diapers, food etc, i dont have that 900 for their daycare
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Daycare prices are ridiculous...however...the ymca in our town has a daycare and you can apply for assistance so that you can get it cheaper. Have you found anything like that around you?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No I didnt' call the Y because I thought it was just the gyms daycare but thank you so much for suggesting that I'll call them on wednesday :D:D:D
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Here in Missouri there is something called Head Start. I'm not sure about their qualifications because I have no need for it, but I do think they help with funding and such. You might check out something like that where you live.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010