Do you poop when you push??

If you are having natural childbirth, when you push the baby out, do you poop yourself?? Its sounds silly but I am really curious!

wpured

Asked by wpured at 1:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was so worried i would. and i did!!! i looked up at my boyfriends face and he looked at me and whispered you are pooping! LOL :P
    gini32

Answer by gini32 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I went through 4 Pregnancys and never had this happen. I was nervous about this when I was first pregnant. What happens is when it gets to the end of your pregnancy, you will have alot of bowl movements and some really loose. Your body will cleanse itself before the big event lol. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• It could happen but it hasnt happened to me or anyone that I know. Like the anonymous post before you have alot of loose BMs and I think that helps to cleanse out in there. Just in the end try to stay away from foods that make you poop alot...like mexican food, that is if you are really worried about it. Chances are if it does happen you wont notice and no one will say anything. Good luck!
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It sometimes happens. But you won't even know that you have pooped. You are pushing everything you have inside of you out. LOL
    The nurse even told me to push like I was pooping b/c that is the proper way to push. They expect you to poop so it's not a big deal to them.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It can happen and you may even be offered an enema. I have never given birth but way back in nursing school, I have wiped poop from pusing women. Most of the time they had no idea and the nurses really don't let you know anyway unless you ask.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• *pushing* not pusing, he he!
    girlneffy

• I was nervous about this too. I only have one child... and I was worried that when i pushed, I would poop. I asked if I did, and they said I didn't :) I heard it was very normal and common if you do though.
    Anonymous

• I did! :)
    thelovehater

Answer by thelovehater at 2:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• The nurse told me it would be impossible to poop while pushing as the baby's head is compressing the bowl and the poo cant come out. Though it does feel like your going to poop yourself when the baby's head finally drops down enough while in labor.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It can happen as the baby is coming down and the head pushes on the bowels.

But it did not happen to me. I asked my boyfriend.
    ellaura

Answer by ellaura at 2:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2008