Would you think it was about you if...

your friend posted something on facebook about being disappointed in people- maybe i am anxious but she said she was expecting too much commitment or something from others. my crazy mind i can think of a few ways that applies to me ./

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I sometimes feel the same way as if things a friend says on FB is directly directed at me. However, you have to realize that they have a whole 'other world going on outside of your friendship. That ignorantly taking things personally is only bringing yourself down. If you want to know more about the situation then ask her about it. Don't go in assuming it's about you, but ask her if everything is okay. She either tells you or she doesn't.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:34 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• not necessarily... I find if I send a personal message asking if she is okay or if there is anything I can do to help the air is cleared...
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 11:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Life is so much better when I stay in front of my own mirror. Someone else is NOT my problem. Everyone has a right to their opinion. I do not have to spend my life trying to please everyone. Don't give too much power to something other than what you can control. You can't control what others think or say. So what, it is just words. We love you and you are fine !!! :-)......... Hugs
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:31 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• If your friend was truly a friend, she would be able to tell you straightforward what she truly thought. Not post it for everyone to see. That can be degrading.
    JuJuBug100207

Answer by JuJuBug100207 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i would only think it was me, if my anxiety was flared
    AVONMom1981

Answer by AVONMom1981 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 13, 2010