Does anyone think the votes for this upcoming election will be contested?

I'm wondering if anyone is thinking about votes being contested in the upcoming election with all the allegations swirling around about voter fraud and the ACORN scandal? Do you think either candidate that is losing will contest the results and how can we make sure the race was won fairly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think if Obama looses it will be contested. Only because of the polls of late showing he is leading.
    Nobull

Answer by Nobull at 6:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yes...because of the recent voting fraud on behalf of one of the candidates..ahem...
    Anonymous

• Obama's lead is shrinking.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Maybe Bush will pull one of his sceems again. All the ACORN crap is just that, crap. Quit with all the conspiracy bs. And for the lead shrinking it depends as always on the poll. After the debate his lead has grown.
    Anonymous

• i guess if mickey mouse(or the dallas cowboys for that matter,) endd up voting in ohio we'll have too.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Oh yeah especially if McCain wins.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Maybe Bush will pull one of his sceems again. All the ACORN crap is just that, crap. Quit with all the conspiracy bs. And for the lead shrinking it depends as always on the poll. After the debate his lead has grown

Ohhhhh right, Bush has everyone in his pocket. :P Thats just plain stupid. No wonder you are anonymous. You don't get out much do you?
    It's already been proven that Acorn is a scam for getting false registrations and is now being investigated for voter fraud also. Of course the Republicans will fight a close vote, just like the Dems did!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think the people will demand it, more than the candidates. I know I would. And I think a die hard McCain supporter may. But seriously if there is some shady stuff going on it needs to be addressed and fixed, and those involved need to be punished. This is OUR country, not just their country, and I know I sure as hell don't want to be cheated out of my vote, do any of you?
    CandBmommy

Answer by CandBmommy at 8:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I watched the head of ACORN today on Neil Cavuto's CNN news show - according to him, they admitted "registration fraud but that's not the same as voter fraud." Eh? Does that sound stupid to anyone else? He also said that the investigation into ACORN was the direct result of the McCain campaign trying to keep the poor from voting.
    I thought Mickey Mouse was pretty rich. He probably wouldn't want to pay more taxes, though.
    I have no problem showing my drivers license at the polls. And I don't know anyone who doesn't have some form of state identification. Hell, my 14 YO has an ID card to access his checking account.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think given the situation there will certainly be the possiblitiy of contest on such a close race. What a load of Hooey about conspiracy. Its not a conspiracy. Whether or not Obama had anything to do with it, there is evidence of voter fraud from ACORN. This should make anyone question how much more voter fraud is out there. I want my vote to count. I want the system fixed. And damn straight I want to know if Obama had any knowledge of this illegal activity.

This is a matter of our futures.
    zephyrablue

Answer by zephyrablue at 9:36 PM on Oct. 16, 2008