How can you get rugs to stay in place in the bathroom and kitchen?

My rugs slide all over the place, especially in the bathroom. I've been trying to think of what I could use or put down to keep them in place but all I could think of was rolling over duct tape in a circle so it'd stick to the floor and the rug but I know that leaves residue and I dont want it to mess my floor up.
Anybody have any helpful ideas?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• here is what i do. go to lowes or target.... wherever lol. in the aisle where they have the kitchen supplies they have this stuff that you're supposed to use to line your cupboards with (it's by the contact paper, but it's not an adhesive, it is a rubberized mat and looks like a mesh.... the one i got hat a duck on it but i can't remember the name). it comes in a roll and you're supposed to cut it to size to line your drawers and cabinets. just cut it to size to fit under your rug and it works great. they also have ones in the rug/carpet section that are specifically for rugs, but it's the same thing and just more expensive imo
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Velcro??? Not sure, just a suggestion!! Good luck!!
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 11:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Little rubber suction cups the size of a quarter on each corner. SEw them down or attach them with a glue gun.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Oh that IS a good idea!
    misspriss_1987

Comment by misspriss_1987 (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• You know that bumpy shelf liner that's got holes in it? Cut some of that and place it under your rugs. You won't know it's there and they will stay put.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010