Unfair or not?

My husband and I took our son to the water park today and while he was playing in the water jets hubby and I sat down under one of the big Pavilon's. Now the spot is clearly labeled "no alcohol" but there was a family there with a few beers but they were being discreet about it and keeping them away from the many kids that were running around. No big deal right? At least I didn't care. But then some college age guys came and they had several bottles of what looked like vodka and they immediately begin to get very drunk and get very loud. This I was not ok with. So I used my cell and called the cops and they showed up and made them leave. My husband thinks I was being unfair. Do you agree?

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 11:51 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The "college" kids were clearly disruptive to the family/safety of others. Does it matter if it's fair? Life is not fair.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 11:56 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Nope, you don't want that around your kids. I would have reported them too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Nope!!! You were right to do so!!!
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 11:52 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• no i would of done the same if i were u, the other fam was drinking n didnt act up.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i see his point "rules are rules" but if the family was being discreet and not acting stupid then i don't see what the big deal is....now if there were drunk college kids around my little ones i would've called someone too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• No!! There are kids around! You had every right to do what you did. Good for you for making the right decision!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 11:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• What I meant was was it unfair to call the cops on the guys but not the other family?
    luvsmysonjames

Comment by luvsmysonjames (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• They weren't causing a scene!!! i'm sure if they would've started, you would've called on them too!!! :D
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 11:54 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Nope. 1 group had respect for the families in the area, and the other felt that it was there own private playground.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• i'm sure you called the cops bc of how they were acting, not just bc of the drinking. so yes, it's fair
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010