I have been extremely close to fainting about 4 times now.

I'm 3 months pregnant and in the 2 month I was at work and I almost fainted on 4 different occasions. I get this weird feeling, I start feeling heavy, I break out in a sweat in 2 minutes max, and then my eyes start to close. Every time I feel it coming I go to the bathroom where it's cool or outside. Then I'll sit for 5-10 minutes and 2 times I've been able to go back to work but last week I wasn't I couldn't move, if I could, I sure didn't want to... Being close to fainting is a really annoying feeling, sort of painful in a weird way. Like I just want to faint but the symptoms to get there are like scary.

I work at Starbucks, everyone knows this is very busy. Maybe this can help you figure out what's going on to my body. Maybe it has something to do with it.

What does this mean?

P.S Thank GOD for Cafe mom

ohprettymommy

Asked by ohprettymommy at 11:57 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• maybe your blood sugar is low...you need to call your ob for you and the baby's well being GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's totally normal! It's low blood pressure from the pregnancy. Small meals. Nibble on something here and there, like nuts. Keep water near by. If you feel that way, sit down. Busy or not. Your daily plans will go totally out the window if you collapse.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks !
    ohprettymommy

Comment by ohprettymommy (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i agree with musicmom.... it's common to get low bloodpressure during pregnancy. i would definately tell your ob what's going on though.... that's something very important for them to know
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• During my pregnancy I had a similar issue once, I started to black out and felt kind of "light", I went to a cool place and drank some cold water and it passed, my ob thought that it was blood pressure. You definately need to talk to your ob in case they think there is reason for concern.
    tracie2t

Answer by tracie2t at 12:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Oh yeah. Let your OB know. There isn't much they can do about it, but she may have some more pointers for you. It's not an emergency, but make sure you bring it up.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• As a former Starbucks employee myself, feel fortunate that you work for an understanding company that truly values their employees. You may feel guilty leaving your friends on the floor for awhile but they will understand. It is somewhat normal from what I have read, just make sure you are taking your prenatals and that you have told your OB. Drink a ton of water (like 6 venti cups per shift) and if you haven't already, tell your coworkers that your Dr. has instructed you not to pull mats, get ice, or mop. You need to take it easy. Good Luck!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well I do agree with musicmom also...they say to eat something salty bc this use to happen to me in the first trimester, and what I did was drink some Gatorade and it helped really well, it could also be anxiety, or do you drink a lot of caffiene at your work? That would be it too. Good luck girl and hope things get better!
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You need to have your Iron and blood sugar levels checked asap! When i had my first daughter I would have dizzy spells and actually pass out. Come to find out my iron was low and i was put on iron pills!
    mrsrooks

Answer by mrsrooks at 8:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2010