My mother thinks I steal her things.. she is starting to hate me

My mother has always, always thought someone is stealing her. Her belongings go missing all the time.. She used to accuse my father, saying he steals her clothes for his 'secrete girl friend' or takes her possesions and gives them away.. And now that Im old enough shes started to accuse me. Saying that "it may or may not be you stealing, OBVIOUSLY I dont know whos taking my $#!%"

I don't know what to do... I can't afford to live anywhere else.. It honestly breaks my heart that she thinks so low of me.. I've never stolen anything, ever. Never lied to my mother, and I try every day to help her with everything! Im always the one who helps her when she needs help.

What can I do? What can I say?? We just got in a huge blow up and now arent speaking to eachother. This happens like three times a year..she just gets fed up and blows up on us. A weeks worth of ignoring us, then gradually back to normal..

Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree very much, she needs to see someone, if she is misplacing things or thinking things that never happened it could be any number of things from dementia which has A TON of variations to alzheimers and it can start showing up at various ages....its sounds more like a dementia thing though.....I just lost my Grandmother to it and she was doing the same thing for some time before she was diagnosed....good luck on intervening
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 12:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• she has mental issues.... don't take it personally. she needs to see someone about that. it's only going to get worse as she gets older
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• Could this confusion be the beginnings of dementia/ alzheimers? I am so sorry :(
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• May be she needs counselling.try to figure out
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010