What do you guys think about Diane Schuler?

Mother who was said to be high and drunk drove wrong way on road killing herself and her daughter, 3 nieces and 3 strangers in NY. I think many mothers today are so stressed and feel they have to be all these things that maybe they're not. Interesting read, you guys should read about it and tell me your thoughts on the tragedy.

mom-de-uno

Asked by mom-de-uno at 11:59 PM on Sep. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think she is a worthless human being. I feel for her young daughter, nieces and the young men she killed.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 12:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• wow.. NO ONE is worthless! Even if they are dead.

The woman made a grave mistake and cost several lives. It is a tragedy that could have been avoided for sure
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have read up on this story extensively. It is very tragic and heartbreaking. Here's a link to one person's thoughts on it that I found intriguing.

http://pysih.com/2010/01/23/diane-schuler-an-interesting-perspective/

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• This ia such a tragic event, she should never ever have gotten in a car drunk or high, no matter what the reason. If she felt so stressed in her life, she had every opportunity to get some sort of help, and never gotten into the car with those children. She has RUINED so many lives by HER selfish, senseless act. Her brother, sister-in-law, & husband have had their lives changed for ever, and to have lost 3 children I can't even imagine. I having lost one myself. If her husband and brother and sister-in-law are not able to face or tell the whole truth, to protect a woman who destroyed so many lives while be in the condition she apparently was in, shame on them. I know your suppose to have forgiveness, but to cover up the truth is not forgiveness.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I stand by the fact she was worthless. She pulled over and left a cell phone on the side of the road probably so the kids could not call anyone. She was driving crazy tailgating people. The kids had called when they had the phone and talked about how scared they were. She murdered those kids and murdered the 3 young men. She was a vile person. If she had been a man no one would have been looking for excuses as to why she did what she did.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 10:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• who's excusing her?
    you know she did something awful, you don't know what kind of person she was. she could have saved a life previously, helped strangers, given blood, volunteered, etc.
    a person is more than the worst thing they ever did. the bad things we do don't negate the good.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• a persons worth is opinion, not fact, unless you're talking something quantifiable like net worth or salary history.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• What a tragedy - I wish someone would have reached out to her.
    dinaca81

Answer by dinaca81 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010