OTC remedy for yeast infection for baby

DD had/has a yeast infection and we ran out of a tube of Nystatin that was prescribed to her. Well I'm having no luck getting anyone from her pediatricians office to call me back and that's IF I can even get through and talk to anyone at all. I had the pharmacy fax over a refill request but it was denied (with no explanation) so I'm left with finding an OTC remedy. I've never had a yeast infection myself so I'm kind of clueless. What can I use that is OTC. I've read you can use Monistat but IDK what kind specifically. Anyone have any suggestions? It's *nearly* cleared up but not gone all the way and I don't want it flaring up again.

Thanks in advance!

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 12:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son gets them off and on and the dr gave us a prescription to get it filled like 6 times (shes a mom). If i had some left I would so mail it to you...I know it wouldnt be in your childs name but its the same exact stuff, I feel your paid! THose things are horrible and they dont feel good and little bums and such. The OTC antifungal stuff didnt work at all on our child.
    Joeysmama012709

Answer by Joeysmama012709 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i would do the probiotic for yeast infections and yogurt. they have the probiotic at any gnc or drug store
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Any kind of anti fungal should work. Ask the pharmacist what they would recommend as far at % of the med.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You can ask the Phamisist what you can use. But if she went thru one couse of an rx med and it hasn't cleared up I'd take her back in..... that could be why the refill was denied!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ah! I forgot about probiotics and yogurt! Thank you! And I will make sure to ask the pharmacist, good advice thanks :)
    Xynyth

Comment by Xynyth (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• She saw some other doctor or nurse I'd never seen before. Usually her regular doc prescribes her 2 tubes and that takes care of it, this doc/nurse only prescribed her one. I just don't have time to take her back to the doc for something I'm sure I can take care of myself KWIM? Otherwise I wouldn't have a problem taking her back :)
    Xynyth

Comment by Xynyth (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yeah her regular doc prescribed her 2 tubes with 3 refills each last time we took her in. But that was forever ago, she was getting the pretty regularly but hadn't had one in a while. And thanks for the offer that's very sweet!
    Xynyth

Comment by Xynyth (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2010