Why is my child so aggressive at daycare but okay other places?

So my son has been aggressive to other boys in his class, he is 19 months old. We are definantly not mean to him or be physical to him in anyway but loving ways. But at school hes been seeking out this one boy and just being aggressive. I almost cried when his teacher told me and asked me how we should handle it....hell if I know! Hes not like that at home....just testing boundries. I feel horrible and I dont want my child to be the bully that teachers have issues with! HELP!

Joeysmama012709

Asked by Joeysmama012709 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was doing that for a while right before they moved him into the next room and I was so nervous but the director said that sometimes that means they just need a change. They moved him to the next room and he has been fine since. Best of luck to you!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• maybe that boy is doing the same to him or something? maybe he feels threatened by him like attention wise or something? is there anyway you can peak in the room and watch him play for a while without him seeing you?
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• is it possible for you to visit one day to see what is going on?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• The teacher says that the boy is smaller than my son and my son seeks him out. Sometimes boys or other children do that when they are just bullying the other child. I work for the same child care center but in a different location so I know the teachers. I know nothing is going on...I think hes also having a hard time adjusting.
    Joeysmama012709

Comment by Joeysmama012709 (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• :( poor little guy. That could definitely be a reason. When children are facing a huge change, or feel insecure they will misbehave, especially at this age.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2010